Monday, August 9, 2010

Farmer Avery


Farmer Avery has been very busy this summer growing all kinds of vegetables. Her famous home grown tomatoes were a big hit last summer, as you probably remember from HERE, so she decided to pick a few and set up shop.
She's pleased as a plum because she has a new tractor for farming, and new pink crocs!
Avery grew some beautiful red tomatoes and collected them for her big sale.
"These are going to be the juiciest tomatoes on the block", she thought to herself.
So she loaded up her basket and set out on her way.
"Last year, I sold them for 50 cents, so maybe I should do the same this year."
She practiced her sales pitch, "Tomatoes for sale! Come and get your 'maters!"
Well, if that didn't work, her cuteness will bring in the customers in swarms.
Some last minute digging before the sale begins.
At home, she knows that to get her way, she cries and puts on a show. Maybe it would work selling her tomatoes.
"MATERS FOR SALE!! ONLY 50 CENTS. IF YOU DON'T BUY MY TOMATOES, I'LL HAVE TO CLEAN MY ROOM!!!"
Through her tears, she hears Farmer Brown next door selling his vegetables, "BOGO! BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!" Appalled, Avery shoots him daggers with her eyes.
It didn't take long for her to jump right up out of her chair to see what was going on. Don't worry, she left a stand-in to watch her tomatoes for her.
"I'm coming over there Farmer Brown to teach you a lesson once and for all! Nobody out-sells me!"
"You get yourself, your vegetables, and your dogs on down the road. I don't care if you are older than me or not, get gone. Haven't you heard, I'm the boss around here!"

2 comments:

  1. I would buy tomatoes from that cutie anytime!!
    What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is SO CUTE ,your photography is incredible, and your stories are the best! I just had the best chuckle :)

    PS--If you lived in Vegas, I would want you to do our family pictures!!

    ReplyDelete