Wednesday, August 24, 2011

According to Avery

Lately, Avery has been talking up a storm and creating great sentences and conversations. She's so funny at this age (28 months), because she is now understanding how things work, logic, and putting things together. I'm reminded regularly of Art Linkletter and his old show "Kids Say the Darnest Things". Every day, I'm retelling a story to Michael of what Avery said that was so cute or funny (to me at least). I figured I'd share them and start calling these posts "According to Avery".... because I have a feeling there will be lots of material to share! So here it goes...

((NOTE: She calls herself A-E, or A-BEY))

Shouting in the backseat of the car, "A-E ONLY PRINCESS AT THE LAKE!! TAKE PICTUUUURREE!!"
"I'm a princeesssss" (putting the inflection on 'ceesssss') ... while shaking her booty side to side and twisting her hands back and forth.
When asked what she wanted to name a little sister, she said, "Nanna". Her little brother will be called, "Daddy Boy".

"Daddy tickle A-E's peaches".... when referring to her booty cheeks.
This girl could live off chocolate milk alone. Lately when I fix her milk, she'll do a taste test and say, "Uh-oh, not working"... and give it back to me to put MORE chocolate in it.
"PPppppppppfffffppppp" with her lips...then, "Peeewwww weeeee!"

Anytime she smells something...no matter what it is...we'll ask her what it smells like and she says, "Like poo-poo".
She says to me, "You my Mommy". I say to her, "You're my daughter". Then she responds..."No, you my dawww-ter". Throughout the day she looks at me and says, "Hey my dawww-ter".
At bedtime after our prayers, she says, "Goodnight my mommy, goodnight my Paige, goodnight my Mi-hole (Michael), goodnight my dawww-ter".

"A-bey so tii-yerrd. Take nap."
"Uh-oh, bug bite me backside" (backyard/outside)
Avery does #2 in the potty now, and she was doing her business in the bathroom. I was waiting for her to come and get me when she was done, and as she ran into the living room, I expected her to say "All done." Instead, she is holding up a number 1 with her pointer finger and said, "That stinks. Stinks." I asked her what stinks and she said, "Finger stinks. In booty". OOOH LAAWWWDD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment