Tuesday, December 22, 2009

7 Months Old

Avery, today you turned 7 months old. Holy cow, you are on your way to being a year old now! What happened? I can remember a year ago on this exact date your daddy and I went to see Dr. Freeman to find out if you were a boy or a girl. He already told us that he was 75% positive you were a boy. We had already told your grandparents that you were most likely a boy and they already bought you a little boy Christmas present.


Little did we know that God had something different planned for us, and that was a little girl! I was so excited when the doctor said, "There's a reason I don't gamble, and it's because I'm bad at it. It's a girl!" Your daddy was soooo sad and almost had a heart attack. I felt bad for him, but was doing cartwheels, no...back tucks, inside!


Here you are, a year later, and a beautiful, healthy 7 month old GIRL! What's going on in your little amazing life? Let's see....


*You weigh 18lbs and 8oz which is a pound and a half more than last month.

*I tried to measure you, and I think you are 27 inches long, give or take a few.

*You are still wearing size 3 diapers and 6-9 months clothes.

*You got your first pair of fitted shoes and wear a size 2, which you will outgrow before you get enough wear out of them!

*You still go to bed at 9:00 p.m., but wake up sometimes around 2:30 a.m. You will go back to sleep after I put your pacifier back in your mouth. You will eat some time around 5:00 a.m. and go back to sleep.

*You take 3 naps a day, most of them last around 30 minutes.

*You love to grab my mouth or nose when you are getting ready for a nap. You even did this to the lady in the church nursery before you dosed off. She let you hold her lip!

*You have eaten green beans, sweet peas, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears, and today you had bananas for the first time. You're not a big fan of pears because I think they are a little tart. You still eat oatmeal in the morning and I am still nursing you.

*You are getting stronger every day and are only content if you get to stand up. You can take steps on your own when we hold your arms, but you are not standing alone yet.

*You can balance on your hands and knees, but haven't crawled from that position yet.

*Pitching fits have become your specialty and you are very good at it, too. I can see your personality coming through when you express your dislike through fits, or flirt and play with people.
*Teething is in its prime and you are constantly gnawing on anything you get your hands on. No teeth have cut yet.

*You recognize people now and your face lights up when you see someone you know.

*You finally have ticklish spots on your rib cage under your arms and your upper thighs. I can get you laugh almost every time I tickle you there.

*Dora the Explorer is by far your favorite TV Show. I'm not kidding either. Every time you watch the show your face lights up and you are very intent and focused on the TV. You will squeal and smile as you watch Dora and Boots on their many adventures.

I love you sweet girl. Merry Christmas little baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment