Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Pictures

Christmas cards have already been mailed from the Ewings this year. I had so much fun attempting to capture the perfect picture for our card. Three of them ended up making the coveted spot on the card this year. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the "shoot".

Avery is looking at our friend, Rob, who kept her entertained while I took the pictures. Most, well ALL, of the pictures from that night have her looking off to the side at Rob.
This is when she gets silly and playful. She makes bubbles with her lips and smiles. It's so cute. Don't you love her hat? I couldn't resist and finally caved in and bought her one.
After falling over a few times, we decided to bring in the chair. We wanted our children to have a picture together, but this is what happened. I can't stand it when he licks her hand, and you can guess why.
Her favorite pose. She does this all of the time, even when she's standing up. At first we thought it was a sign she was sleepy and ready to lounge around, but it pops up at the weirdest times.
This is one of three pictures that made the card. Wanna know a little secret? I "Photoshopped" the Christmas tree in the background to fill the entire picture. Nice effect, I know.
The official family portrait! It took many, many shots to get at least one decent one with Cotton. Picture two of three on the card.
I like how she's holding both of our faces in this picture.
Because I'm insane about pictures, I wasn't crazy about any single one of the pictures of just Avery we had taken that night. Sooo...I dressed Avery again in the same outfit and drove to the neighborhood across the street for some more, freezing cold, pictures. I like her face in this one...I wonder what she's thinking?
Low and behold....I got the shot I was hoping for! This was the very first picture I took, and the rest after that weren't so great. This one is my favorite of her because I love the aged look in the color. This one definitely made the card.
I thought it would be fun to share some of the photos that didn't make the cut...there were many...but these would never end up on a Christmas card!

Avery was more interested in eating the pine straw than looking at me.
If she wasn't watching the cars drive by, she was eating pine straw.
Cotton did not want to cooperate. He has gotten so heavy I could barely pick him up for the picture. Avery seems to be enjoying herself. See the 'pose' she's about to strike.
This wouldn't have been so bad if Cotton's face didn't look distorted. I think his lip is caught on his teeth. Scary!
Cotton had had enough!
If I think this is bad...what's it going to be like with more children? Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Omg!! You make me want to get married and have a baby!!! Ahhhh!! She is SOOOO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the all of course. You need to put them all on a disc for me. I want to make a nice Christmas grouping. Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria~ Home room~English 2008-2009~ Teacher~ Mrs. Ewing(:January 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM

    Shes a cutie(:

    ReplyDelete