Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let It Be Christmas


I love the song Alan Jackson sings, "Let it be Christmas, Everywhere". His voice, the melody, the lyrics...everything about it just gives me the warm and fuzzies. I've taken his advice and "Let it be Christmas...in my house".

Christmas has always been such a wonderful time growing up and part of that was helping my mom decorate the house. Now I have my own family and home, I enjoy decorating it as well. Honestly, it's not as fun when I was a kid because now I'm the one setting up the tree, lugging boxes up and down the attic stairs, and vacuuming all the needles from the floor. Oh well...it's all worth it in the end.

While I was gone for Thanksgiving, my awesome husband did all of the decorating this year. It was amazing to come home from a long trip and see "Christmas, Everywhere" in my house. I just did some fine tuning of my own a little later. Thank you Michael for decorating, it looks wonderful! I love you!

I'm so excited about our new tree topper. I created it myself!
Our beautiful tree, topped with an "E".
The railing in our kitchen.

I like this ornament because it reminds me of Dorothy's Red Ruby slippers from my favorite movie.
The mantle. It's weird seeing four stockings up there! One is for Cotton, of course!
Michael's mom let us use her many themed Santas. This one is delivering packages to all the good girls and boys:)
Thank you Mrs. Vickie for letting us borrow your Santas.

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty!! I know it was a lot of work. Wish you were still home to help me finish mine. I think Christmas will be over by the time I get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are your Santas now. Hope you will enjoy displaying them as much as I did collecting them(with the help of my wonderful son). Everything looks so pretty. Awonderful introduction to Christmas for Avery. Love to all 3 of my sweet children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful! Looks like a very merry Christmas at the Ewing home. Kudos to Michael for decorating... what a great hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I forgot to tell you....I saw a "pez" collector set of all the Wiz of Oz characters at Kroger the other day and thought of you! =) Your house looks great and I love the tree topper!!

    ReplyDelete