Thursday, October 22, 2009

5 Months

Sweet Avery Anna, today you are 5 months old! It's hard to believe how fast those five months have gone by. I love you more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I will tomorrow. You are the sunshine in mine and Daddy's lives. You are pure entertainment for us and we can't get enough of your sugar. Here's what you've been up to these past five months...

*You weigh right at 16 lbs. That's 10 lbs. more than your birth weight.

*I don't know exactly how long you are because you wiggle too much for one person to measure! At your 4 month check up you measured 24.75 inches long, so I bet you are well over 25 inches now.

*You are eating rice cereal twice a day. You like it most days, but would rather chew on the bowl instead.

*You take about 3 naps a day that last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.

*You go to bed around 9:00p.m. and used to sleep until 7:30 a.m. Not any more! You are waking up around 3:00a.m. and then again around 6:30 a.m. I'm hoping this will stop soon:)

*You are very vocal these days and love hearing yourself scream and shout. You also make gurgle sounds in the back of your throat and you think you are talking when you do it.

*Your hands have become extremely busy and reach for everything in sight (ex: Cotton, my cell phone, food on my plate). You are great at holding things now, especially my hair!


*My favorite thing is when I put my face up to yours, you grab either my mouth, nose, or hair, and pull me into your face and try to kiss/eat me! I'm not really sure because your mouth is always open!

*You are teething now and love chomping down on your fingers, my fingers, and anything you can get your hands on.

*You went through a stage where you HATED people, even your own grandparents. You would cry and scream until they handed you back to me. This lasted for about a month, but you are finally over it.

*Now, you resist bottles, which makes it inconvenient for me to feed you out in public.

*For the first time, you stayed with someone who wasn't a family member and you were terrific! Rob and Leslie Tate babysat you this week and they said you were an angel. What a relief for me:)

*You can almost roll over, but I think you may not ever roll over to your stomach because you HATE being on your tummy.

*Speaking of Tummy Time, this is what it usually results in.


*You have found your feet and can grab your toes.

*You also can stand up pretty well if you are leaning on something.

I love you Sugar Booger, Fuzz Head, Avery Anna from Louisiana, Little Munchkin!

7 comments:

  1. Happy 5 months Avery Anna! She is precious and a joy I'm sure! Rowan hates tummy time too! I am glad we aren't the only ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.....sweet Avery! Happy 5 months! Can you even believe it?! As much as I love all the new things they can do each and every day, I also wish time would slow down juuuuust a little....it goes by too fast!! I love her leg warmers - she and Libbi will definitely sport them and watch FlashDance at their next playdate....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet Avery has grown so much. She can almost do a heel stretch. I Love her fuzzy head and can't wait to rub it when she comes to Glennville. We are gonna go for outings in the neighborhood and sit in the garden and read Mother Goose and sing Barney songs. Papa Jeff will get up and feed her at 3:00 a.m. I can't wait for her to come. I love and miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige! That is the sweetest post I've ever read on anyone's blog. You are such a great mommy-- Avery is so blessed to have you as her mom. = ) I love it! I do have to admit, I don't think I'm a "follower" officially of your blog, but I do check it often!! = ) It's so cute.

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 5 months Boo-Boo! Can't believe how time flies!! Keep up the good work Paige (and Michael, too!) I knew you guys would be awesome parents! Avery is a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 5 months from Auntie Jessie!!! Can't wait to see you next weekend! You better get back in the habit of eating from the bottle....bc Im not feeding you any other way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. love some pics or a video of her grabbing her toes but totally naked her p---y in full view I love jerking off looking at baby p---y

    ReplyDelete